Sport & Recreation Management (B.S.)
The B.S. in Sport and Recreation Management is for students who are interested in pursuing entry-level careers with professional and minor league sport teams, collegiate level athletic departments, private and public fitness facilities, club-level athletic teams, and entrepreneurs. Graduates may decide to pursue further study, advanced-level coaching careers or work within private sport companies in a variety of roles.
Upon program completion students will be able to:
- Demonstrate content knowledge in the areas of sport management, business, and recreation.
- Apply appropriate and effective use of technology for organizations.
- Communicate effectively through the delivery of written and oral presentations.
- Use critical thinking skills to understand and apply problem solving strategies and techniques for organizational and individual decision making.
- Exemplify professional skills, attitudes, and dispositions.
- Develop professional, personal, and interdisciplinary connections through content and professional experience.
- Complete all of the following:
Degree Completion Notes
- Total credits required for bachelor degree (minimum): 120 credits
- Cumulative GPA required for graduation (minimum): 2.000
- Major GPA required for graduation (minimum): 2.200
- 1/2 of major requirements must be completed at Sage (minimum)
- Completion of all required General Education coursework
- Documentation of valid and current certification for First Aid/CPR/AED training prior to graduation.
*Suggested course plan of required Major courses & core General Education courses. **15 credits per term recommended to graduate on time.