Pre-Medical Studies Post-Baccalaureate (Certificate)
This intensive program of study is for highly-motivated individuals enrolled in SPCE (School of Professional and Continuing Education) who are interested in pursuing a career in medicine including DO/MD, physician assistant, or veterinarian. Your course of study will be individualized to meet your career goals. Students who have completed some of the required courses may enroll in upper-division courses in consultation with the program coordinator.
Criteria for admission:
- BS or BA from an accredited college or university
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.000 or higher
- Statement of goals
- Two letters of recommendation
- Interview with the program director
Suggested program of study (course plan) depends on individual career goals and previous undergraduate or graduate course work.
- Some MD/DO schools may also require Calculus and Biochemistry.
- Medical schools usually expect prerequisite courses to have been completed no more than five years prior to application.
- Some physician assistant programs may require courses in statistics, genetics and additional chemistry coursework.
- Please note this is not an MCAT preparation program.
- Certificate courses are offered during the day (fall and spring terms) in Albany and Troy.
- Complete one of the following tracks:
- Complete at least 19 credits from the following:
- Note: PHY 107/PHY 108 may be used for PHY 101/PHY 102.
Pre-Physician Assistant/Health Science Track
- Complete at least 20 credits from the following:
Certificate Completion Notes
- Completion of 35 total credits required for graduation (minimum)
- 1/2 of certificate requirements must be completed at Sage (minimum)
- GPA required for graduation (minimum): 2.200