Art History Minor
A minor in Art History is an excellent complement to a wide variety of major programs. An Art History minor gives students historical, critical and theoretical breadth to core concepts and skills in the disciplines of the Visual Arts, strengthening critical thinking, writing and communication skills, and developing students for intellectual life. It also provides knowledge useful to museums, galleries and arts administration. Art History courses offer rigor in terms of periods studied and concepts central to education in art history. A typical course may cover 600+ works of art. *Note: courses required for this minor are offered on the Albany campus.
ARH Elective Courses
- Complete two additional Art History courses:
- Minors may be declared any time before the completion of the drop/add period in the first term of the senior year or before completion of 87 credit hours, whichever comes later.
- Successful completion of at least one course in the minor is a prerequisite to such declaration.
- Only two of the required minor courses may also count toward major or another minor’s requirements.
- A minimum of one-half the required credits for the minor must be completed at Sage.
- GPA in Minor required (minimum): 2.200 or higher