Study Abroad

Any student who is considering studying abroad or study away must seek prior approval from the Office of the Dean and meet the following criteria: have at least sophomore standing, a 3.000 cumulative GPA or higher, and be a full time student the semester prior to studying abroad and during the term abroad/away.

Students enrolled either in the sponsored and/or affiliated programs pay their regular tuition and room-and-board fees to Sage. Students are eligible to continue to receive financial aid during their time away from campus. Books, miscellaneous personal expenses, and the cost of travel are not covered. Credit earned in Sage-sponsored study abroad programs appear on the transcript as Sage grades and credit. Examples of sponsored and/or affiliated programs include: New American Colleges and Universities and American Institute for Foreign Study.

Coursework completed at a program that is not affiliated with Sage is subject to the same policies as “transfer credit after matriculation” (see section of Catalog). Specifically, students should fill out and have signed transfer credit request forms that are available in the Registrar’s Office before they register for courses in a study abroad program. No grade below a “C-” will be accepted for transfer. Students who participate in a study abroad program not affiliated with Sage will likely need to take a leave of absence from Sage while they are abroad and make their own financial arrangements through the institution that is sponsoring the program.

For more information go to: