The rapidly growing number of Spanish-speaking residents of the United States makes becoming bilingual in Spanish an enormous career advantage for people in a wide range of fields. Those who wish to practice Spanish on a daily basis have the option of living on-campus in Spanish House beginning in the second semester of the freshman year, and receive 1/2 credit for each semester of residence.
Core : 3 credits
Complete one of the following:
Conversation : 3 credits
Complete SPA 301 (3 credits) or three terms of SPA 310 (1 credit).
Spanish Electives : 12 credits
Complete four SPA courses by advisement; at least 9 credits of the SPA electives must be at the 200-level or higher.
- Minors may be declared any time before the completion of the drop/add period in the first term of the senior year or before completion of 87 credit hours, whichever comes later.
- Successful completion of at least a one course in the minor is a prerequisite to such declaration.
- Only two of the required minor courses may also count toward major or another minor’s requirements.
- A minimum of half the required credits for the minor must be completed at Sage.
- GPA in Minor required (minimum): 2.200 or higher