Students in the Public Health minor will gain a basic understanding of the foundations of public health. Upon completion of a minor, students will be able to:
- Describe the history of public health
- Provide examples of the essential services of public health
- Identify the methodologies employed by public health practitioners;
- Identify and describe the factors impacting health and disease of a population using sociological model
- Utilize basic methods for measurement and quantification of disease to describe the extent of public health issues
- Discuss the impact of culture and policy on health and disease.
Culture and Behavior
- Complete one of the following
- Minors may be declared before the completion of the drop/add period in the first term of the senior year or before completion of 87 credit hours, whichever comes later.
- Successful completion of at least one course in the minor is a prerequisite to such declaration.
- Only two of the required minor courses may also count toward major or another minor’s requirements.
- One half of the required credits for the minor must be completed at Sage (minimum).
- GPA in Minor required (minimum): 2.200 or higher