Political Science Minor
A minor in Political Science is of interest to students in diverse majors who plan to enter government employment or to go on to graduate programs in political science or public administration.
This minor offers an opportunity for students to supplement their major by the addition of a series of courses that will enrich their understanding of government, politics, and the role of citizens in a democracy. Students take this minor because they want to work in or with government, or because they are interested in graduate studies in political science, public affairs, international relations, or foreign affairs. They may also want to attend law school.
Political Science Electives
- Complete 12 additional credits in POL.
- Minors may be declared any time before the completion of the drop/add period in the first term of the senior year or before completion of 87 credit hours, whichever comes later.
- Successful completion of at least a one course in the minor is a prerequisite to such declaration.
- Only two of the required minor courses may also count toward major or another minor’s requirements.
- A minimum of half the required credits for the minor must be completed at Sage.
- GPA in Minor required (minimum): 2.200 or higher