When reasonable efforts through other channels have not resolved a dispute or problem regarding federal education loans, students can contact the Student Financial Assistance Ombudsman. The U.S. Department of Education’s Ombudsman Office can propose solutions that may help students and other parties come to a final agreement, although an ombudsman can’t reverse a decision or take sides. Contact the ombudsman at:

Office of Ombudsman
Student Financial Assistance
Room 3012, ROB #3
7th & D Streets, SW Washington, D.C. 20202