The History minor is designed to give students an overview of recent world history, an introduction to history as a way to understand human development, and a sampling of historical experiences in selected regions and time periods.
Complete four history courses representing a range of world regions:
- Two HST courses must be broad regional (100 level) courses
- Two HST courses must be more topically-focused (200-300 level) courses
- This selection of courses should be made on the basis of two main criteria:
- Supplementing the student’s major with relevant historical knowledge.
- Gaining an appreciating for the globalism and diversity of historical experience.
- Minors may be declared any time before the completion of the drop/add period in the first term of the senior year or before completion of 87 credit hours, whichever comes later.
- Successful completion of at least a one course in the minor is a prerequisite to such declaration.
- Only two of the required minor courses may also count toward major or another minor’s requirements.
- One-half of the required credits for the minor must be completed at Sage.
- GPA in Minor required (minimum): 2.200 or higher