Skip to main content
Conditions of Financial Aid Awards
Terms and Conditions
- All aid is awarded on an annual basis. Aid amounts are credited to student’s account for each semester’s charges based upon enrollment.
- Refunds of any excess credit will be made approximately halfway through each term through the Office of Student Services. Refunds are generated when the student account reflects a credit balance resulting from direct payments and/or the posting of financial aid.
- Earnings from student employment are paid bi-weekly directly to the student. As such, this award may not be deducted from student account balance due amounts.
- Since aid is awarded on the basis of annual financial information from students, and college costs change each year, the makeup of financial aid awards may vary depending on changing circumstances.
- Outside sources of assistance, such as private scholarships and Adult Career and Continuing Education Services-Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) must be reported to the Office of Financial Aid Services. It is possible that financial aid already awarded could be modified as a result.
- All awards of federal and state aid are tentative, pending approval and receipt of funds from the source.
- College costs on which financial aid eligibility is calculated include direct expenses (such as tuition, fees, and room and board for resident students), and indirect expenses (such as books, supplies, personal and incidental expenses, and transportation and home maintenance for commuting students).
- Returning students are expected to file the FAFSA by April 1 preceding the academic year for which assistance is requested. Students filing after April 1 may not be eligible for institutional grants previously awarded.
- Students receiving institutional academic scholarships are required remain in good academic standing and at full-time status to continue receiving these monies.