Appeals of Academic Issues

In the event that a student has a complaint involving a faculty member or wishes to question a grade, the student should follow the procedures listed below:

  • Meet or speak with the instructor involved. In the best interests of both parties, resolution ideally should be reached at this stage.
  • Meet or speak with the instructor’s department chairperson or program director if resolution is not reached between the student and instructor.
  • Meet or speak with the Dean of the College only in the event that the student feels procedures were not followed.

The Provost is the final decision-making authority.