The minor in American Studies will require students to take courses from at least 3 different disciplines represented within the American Studies program. It will allow students to focus on a specific period or issue in American Studies (for instance, Early American History, Literature, and Culture or Cultural Diversity in American Studies), or to simply draw from the full range of courses in the program.
Complete 3 Electives selected with Advisor Support; at least one of these must be from a discipline other than ENG or HST
- Minors may be declared any time before the completion of the drop/add period in the first term of the senior year or before completion of 87 credit hours, whichever comes later.
- Successful completion of at least a one course in the minor is a prerequisite to such declaration.
- Only two of the required minor courses may also count toward major or another minor’s requirements.
- A minimum of one-half of the required credits for the minor must be completed at Sage.
- GPA in Minor required (minimum): 2.200 or higher