Skip to main content
Add, Drop or Withdraw from Course
- Students may not enter a course after the add/drop period. See academic calendar for more information
- All changes in course selections for students must have the approval and signature of the academic advisor.
- Courses which the student drops prior to the end of the first five days of classes will not be recorded on the academic record. "Drops" after the deadline are recorded as withdrawal.
- All withdrawals from courses must be initiated by the student through the Registrar’s Office.
- Students who withdraw from a course after the add/drop period will receive a grade of “W” on their academic record for that course.
- To withdraw from a course, students must have the approval of the academic advisor and show proof that they have notified the course instructor.
- The last day to withdraw from a course is generally the last day of the 12th week of classes. See academic calendar for specific term dates. The withdrawal process must be completed by or on this date.
- The Financial Aid Office reviews each student course withdrawal request to provide information on Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) status.
- Students who withdraw from a course must be aware that the withdrawal may affect their financial aid and scholarships and graduation timeline.