Jul 13, 2020
The Bachelor of Professional Studies in Organizational Studies in the School of Professional & Continuing Education is a program designed for adult learners who have an associate degree (technical, liberal arts, general studies, health care or other area). This program of study is designed to enhance your managerial skills and abilities. The overarching goal of this program is to prepare you to obtain leadership positions within your current organization or with another organization including corporations, government agencies, healthcare sector, service agencies or community organizations.
Completion of an A.A.S. or A.S. degree with a 2.750 overall GPA.
Upon program completion, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate content knowledge.
- Apply appropriate and effective use of technology for organizations.
- Communicate effectively through the delivery of written and oral presentations.
- Use critical thinking skills to understand and apply problem solving strategies and techniques for organizational and individual decision making.
- Exemplify professional skills, attitudes and dispositions.
- Develop professional, personal, and interdisciplinary connections through content and professional experience.
Program Requirements : 45 credits
Complete all of the following:
ACC 201 Financial Accounting
ACC 202 Managerial Accounting
BUS 205 Principles of Management
BUS 212 Business Law I
BUS 213 Business Law II
BUS 307 Business Ethics or BUS 312 Ethics and Social Responsibility
BUS 308 Human Resource Management
BUS 314 Organizational Behavior
BUS 325 Financial Management
BUS 332 Conflict Management & Mediation
BUS 335 Management Information Systems
BUS 340 Leadership and Diversity
BUS 420 Organizational Development
ECO 202 Principles of Microeconomics
Statistics course: ECO 215 or MAT 220 or PSY 207
Degree Completion Notes
Total credits required for bachelor degree (minimum): 120 credits
Cumulative GPA required for graduation (minimum): 2.000
Major GPA required for graduation (minimum): 2.750
1/2 of major requirements must be completed at Sage (minimum)
Completion of all required General Education coursework