Jan 21, 2020
A minor in Psychology is available to students seeking an understanding of human behavior in order to complement their majors or for their own personal enrichment. The courses in the minor provide students with a basic background in psychology and allow them to elect courses to support other interests and majors.
Requirements for Minor in Psychology : 18-19 credits
Complete all of the following:
PSY 101 Introduction to Psychology
PSY 208 Developmental Science *
PSY 215 Biopsychology
Complete two courses from the following:
PSY 301 Social Psychology
PSY 304 Counseling
PSY 308 Abnormal Psychology
PSY 313 Learning
PSY 406 Personality
PSY 440 Cognition
Complete one psychology Elective **:
PSY 242 Problems of Alcohol and Drug Dependency
PSY 305 Persuasion and Social Influence
PSY 317 Motivation
PSY 325 Community Psychology
PSY 326 Health Psychology
PSY 329 Evolutionary Psychology
PSY 339 Psychology and Law
PSY 348 Special Topics in Psychology
PSY 365 Close Relationships
*PSY 202 Human Development may be used for PSY 208
**Students may also complete a course from Core II.
- Minors may be declared any time before the completion of the drop/add period in the first term of the senior year or before completion of 87 credit hours, whichever comes later.
- Successful completion of at least a one course in the minor is a prerequisite to such declaration.
- Only two of the required minor courses may also count toward major or another minor’s requirements.
- A minimum of one-half of the required credits for the minor must be completed at Sage.
- GPA in Minor required (minimum): 2.200 or higher