The Business Administration (BBA) program offered in SageOnline in SPCE is a ’completer’ program for students who have already earned some college-level work and are prepared to pursue a bachelor’s degree. The Business Administration program provides the knowledge base and the skills necessary for successful business practice and for a career in management. It also provides the foundation needed for entry into an MBA program that will benefit students who continue into the Sage Graduate School’s MBA program.
- Apply appropriate and effective use of technology for organizations.
- Communicate effectively through the delivery of written and oral presentations.
- Synthesize managerial practice with stakeholder theory and socially responsible decision making.
- Analyze, evaluate, and develop effective leadership skills in a variety of settings.
- Understand the social, financial, environmental, legal/political and global issues facing contemporary organizations.
- Use critical thinking skills to understand and apply problem solving strategies and techniques for organizational and individual decision making.
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate knowledge in the sub-disciplines of management through experiential learning.
- Demonstrate professionalism within the context of the work environment.
SageOnline undergraduate courses are offered in seven week modules. Two seven week modules comprise a traditional semester term. The term is identified by the term (fall, spring, summer), followed by module number (1 or 2), then the year. Students may take up to 6 credits per online module.
Business Administration, B.B.A.
Program Requirements : 60 credits
Core : 45 credits
Complete all of the following:
ACC 201 Financial Accounting
ACC 202 Managerial Accounting
BUS 204 Principles of Marketing
BUS 205 Principles of Management
BUS 212 Business Law I
BUS 213 Business Law II
BUS 215 Business Communications
BUS 308 Human Resource Management
BUS 324 Business Strategy I
BUS 325 Financial Management I
BUS 327 Experiential Learning in Business or BUS 328 Internship in Business
BUS 335 Management Information Systems
BUS 424 Capstone: Business Strategy II
ECO 201 Principles of Macroeconomics
ECO 202 Principles of Microeconomics
Complete one of the following : 3 credits
BUS 209 Math for Finance or MAT 112 College Algebra (MAT 113 or higher will satisfy this requirement)
Complete one of the following : 3-4 credits
MAT 220 Applied Statistics or ECO 215 Statistics for Decision Making
Required Electives in Major : 12 credits
Choose four courses from ACC, BUS, ECO, or LAW. At least 6 credits in this category must be completed at Sage.
Degree Completion Notes
Total credits required for bachelor degree (minimum): 120 credits
Cumulative GPA required for graduation (minimum): 2.000
Major GPA required for graduation (minimum): 2.200
1/2 of major requirements must be completed at Sage (minimum)
Completion of all required General Education coursework
BBA to MBA at SGS: Accelerated MBA