Oct 18, 2018
The Business Administration (BBA) program offered in SageOnline in SPCE is a ’completer’ program for students who have already earned some college-level work and are prepared to pursue a bachelor’s degree. The Business Administration program provides the knowledge base and the skills necessary for successful business practice and for a career in management. It also provides the foundation needed for entry into an MBA program that will benefit students who continue into the Sage Graduate School’s MBA program.
- Apply appropriate and effective use of technology for organizations.
- Communicate effectively through the delivery of written and oral presentations.
- Synthesize managerial practice with stakeholder theory and socially responsible decision making.
- Analyze, evaluate, and develop effective leadership skills in a variety of settings.
- Understand the social, financial, environmental, legal/political and global issues facing contemporary organizations.
- Use critical thinking skills to understand and apply problem solving strategies and techniques for organizational and individual decision making.
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate knowledge in the sub-disciplines of management through experiential learning.
- Demonstrate professionalism within the context of the work environment.
SageOnline undergraduate courses are offered in seven week modules. Two seven week modules comprise a traditional semester term. The term is identified by the term (fall, spring, summer), followed by module number (1 or 2), then the year. Students may take up to 6 credits per online module.
Business Administration, B.B.A.
Program Requirements : 60 credits
Core : 45 credits
Complete all of the following:
ACC 201 Financial Accounting
ACC 202 Managerial Accounting
BUS 204 Principles of Marketing
BUS 205 Principles of Management
BUS 212 Business Law I
BUS 213 Business Law II
BUS 215 Business Communications
BUS 308 Human Resource Management
BUS 324 Business Strategy I
BUS 325 Financial Management I
BUS 327 Experiential Learning in Business or BUS 328 Internship in Business
BUS 335 Management Information Systems
BUS 424 Business Strategy II
ECO 201 Principles of Macroeconomics
ECO 202 Principles of Microeconomics
Complete one of the following : 3 credits
BUS 209 Math for Finance or MAT 112 College Algebra (MAT 113 or higher will satisfy this requirement)
Complete one of the following : 3-4 credits
MAT 220 Applied Statistics or ECO 215 Statistics for Decision Making
Required Electives in Major : 12 credits
Choose four courses from ACC, BUS, ECO, or LAW. At least 6 credits in this category must be completed at Sage.
Degree Completion Notes
Literacies of Connection: SCA General Education Requirements
Russell Sage College General Education Breadth Requirements: 38 credits
Total credits required for bachelor’s degree (minimum): 120 credits
1/2 of major requirements must be completed at Sage
Cumulative GPA required for graduation (minimum): 2.000
Minimum major GPA required for graduation (minimum): 2.200