The B.S. in Sport and Recreation Management is for students who are interested in pursuing entry-level careers with professional and minor league sport teams, collegiate level athletic departments, private and public fitness facilities, club-level athletic teams, and entrepreneurs. Graduates may decide to pursue further study, advanced-level coaching careers or work within private sport companies in a variety of roles.
Upon program completion students will be able to:
• Demonstrate content knowledge in the areas of sport management, business, and recreation.
• Apply appropriate and effective use of technology for organizations.
• Communicate effectively through the delivery of written and oral presentations.
• Use critical thinking skills to understand and apply problem solving strategies and techniques for organizational and individual decision making.
• Exemplify professional skills, attitudes, and dispositions.
• Develop professional, personal, and interdisciplinary connections through content and professional experience.
Program Requirements : 58 credits
Complete all of the following:
BUS 204 Principles of Marketing
BUS 205 Principles of Management
BUS 212 Business Law I
BUS 213 Business Law II
BUS 308 Human Resources Management
BUS 335 Management Information Systems
BUS 340 Leadership & Diversity
BUS 362 Sport Management
BUS 363 Sport Marketing
BUS 430 Sport Law
BUS 431 Sport Facility and Event Management
PED 110 Introduction to Physical Education
PED 225 Concepts of Fitness and Wellness
PED 215 Fitness & Wellness Activities in Physical Education & Recreation
PED 217 Current Trends in Physical Education & Recreation
PED 240 Sports Medicine -or- PED 303 Target/Invasion Games -or- PED 304 Net/Wall/Fielding/Striking Games
PED 308 Educational Gymnastics
PED 330 Cooperative & Adventure Games
PED 350 Sport Psychology
PED 409 Coaching Theory
PED 420 Organization & Administration
PED 405 Experiential Learning -or- BUS 327 Experiential Learning
SCI 235 Sport Nutrition
Degree Completion Notes
Completion of Literacies of Connection: General Education Requirements
Total credits required for bachelor’s degree (minimum): 120 credits
1/2 of major requirements must be completed at Sage
Cumulative GPA required for graduation (minimum): 2.00
Minimum major GPA required for graduation (minimum): 2.20
Documentation of valid and current certification for First Aid/CPR/AED training prior to graduation.