[To view a list of Minors offered use the DEGREES/CERTIFICATES tab at top of this page].
A minor is a cohesive group of courses that allows students to explore, in a structured way, an area of interest outside the major. Each minor is defined by one or several academic departments and consists of at least six courses usually totaling 18 to 24 credits. Minors are commonly declared at the end of the sophomore year. Upon declaration of a minor, students are assigned to a faculty advisor in that program.
- Successful completion of at least a one course in the discipline is a prerequisite to such declaration.
- Minors may be declared any time before the completion of the drop/add period in the first term of the senior year or before completion of 87 credit hours, whichever comes later.
- Only two of the required minor courses may also count toward major or another minor’s requirements.
- At least one-half of the required credits for the minor must be completed at Sage.
- Minors are designated on student transcripts if all requirements are met, including a GPA in the minor of at least 2.200.
Students wishing to change a major or add/change/drop a minor may do so by sending an email message from their Sage Gmail account to the Office of Academic Advising (firstname.lastname@example.org) with their name, ID number, and the new major or minor they wish to declare. All academic program changes require review and approval of the Advising Office on a student’s home campus.