The Albany Computer Center is located in Froman Hall and consists of one open lab, four teaching labs and one networking lab. These labs are equipped with up-to-date computers running Windows XP Professional. The Albany Campus also features several specialized labs that are staffed by professionals and student consultants:
- A lab equipped for AutoCad in Froman Hall
- An Apple-based digital imaging lab in the Graphic Design Building; and another in Froman Hall
The Troy Computer Centers are located in Education Building basement, in Ricketts Hall, and in Hart Hall. The Education Building houses three up-to-date Windows-based computer classrooms. The computer classroom in Ricketts Hall also serves as an open lab, and the Academic Support Center in Hart Hall sponsors a computer-based writing center.
Note: The Troy campus no longer has a public computer lab in the Education building. As with Ricketts Hall, the Education building’s computer classrooms will also serve as an open lab when classes are not in session. People using these computers may be asked to relocate if there is a class about to start. There are many public computers available for use in the Library.
A Sage ID is required to use the computer centers.
Through SageNet - the computer network of The Sage Colleges - students, faculty and staff can access networked software, e-mail, the Internet, and library resources. Rooms in the residence halls are hardwired into SageNet. SageNet is also accessible via a bank of dial-up high speed modems. Many of the campus classrooms are equipped with computer demonstration and network access equipment.
Upon registering at Sage, all students are issued the following accounts:
- A SageNet account, which provides access to disk storage space on SageNet, electronic media at the Sage Libraries, and dial-up access to SageNet;
- A My Sage account, which supports e-mail service, is the official college information distribution system, and provides basic online academic support;
- A Moodle account, which is the online tool for all of the College’s courses. Moodle is a course management system, which facilitates sharing of information within class populations; and
- A SageAdvisor acount, which is the online interface for student and employee activities such as online registration, paying registration fees, viewing grades and schedules, and other official academic and advising activities. Your SageNet ID and password grants you access to this system.
If you have trouble with any of your College user IDs or passwords, contact the Help Desk at (518) 244-4777 or [email protected].