Skip to Navigation
  The Sage Colleges | My Portal | SageAdvisor | Directory
    Russell Sage College
  Jul 14, 2019
Skip Navigation

International Students

International students must submit all pertinent information to The Sage Colleges and meet the individual admissions criteria established for that program.  Contact the Office of Admission for more information (  Applicants will complete the following steps:

  • Submit a completed application (online or Common Application)
  • Submit high school/secondary school records (translated to English, if necessary)
  • Submit official documentation (transcripts and/or leaving certificate) from the secondary schools and all universities or colleges the student attended should be sent directly from the institution (s) to the Office of Admission.  All applicants must submit proof of graduation from their secondary school. Certified translations must be provided for documents supplied in a language other than English. Please note that all transcripts submitted become the property of Sage and will not be returned to the applicant.  Course Descriptions (in English) must be provided in addition to any university or college transcripts.  A certified course-by-course evaluation of foreign credentials is required.  You may use any of the following Evaluation Services:
    • World Education Services (WES)
    • Education Credentials Evaluators
    • AACRAO
    • International Educators Research Foundation, Inc
  • Submit a completed Student Financial Statement (undergraduate or graduate) with other application materials. The Student Financial Statement, along with supporting bank documents, and the acceptance and enrollment deposit, are required before The Sage Colleges can issue the I-20 form necessary to secure a student visa. Note: Financial assistance is not available to international students.
  • If native language is not English; submit one of the following:
    • Results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Note: Information regarding TOEFL and TSE dates and locations are available from the Educational Testing Service, Box 899-TOEFL, Princeton, NJ 08541, and on-line at
    • Results from the SAT I
    • A transcript from an English Language School (ELS) documenting fluency.

Nursing applicants who have completed programs outside of the United States or Canada must take the Commission on Graduate and Foreign Nursing Schools examination. Information is available from the Director, Credential Services, Commission of Graduate and Foreign Nursing Schools, 3600 Market St., Suite 400, Philadelphia, PA 19104-2651.

Immunization Requirements

New York State Public Health Law requires that individuals born after December 31, 1956, provide evidence of immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella. Compliance forms are provided with admission materials and must be submitted prior to class registration by each student enrolled for 6 credits or more in a semester.

Students in nursing and other health professional programs have additional requirements, which are available from the appropriate academic department.